Does Drinking Water Help To Lose Weight?
Nearly 90% women who are struggling with their weight loss programs ask this question and the simple answer to it is, Yes! Yes, water does help to reduce weight. Now, you’d ask, how? Well, we’re here to answer you. Be patient and read on.
Water is that magical potion that is required for every human being to survive. It works in several ways to help you lose that dreadful flab. Firstly, water has a direct connection with the metabolic rate. Hence, when you drink ample amount of water, you are helping your body to enhance the process of metabolism. That means, the body is in a better position to process the food that you eat and convert it into energy. This is called fat metabolism. So, if your problem is your excess fat, water is one of the simplest way to sort it out.
Secondly, water helps to eliminate toxins and waste products that cause harm to the body. In other words, water helps to detoxify and cleanse your system. It also helps to remove unhealthy fat deposits near your thighs, belly, hips and ankles. Water helps to enhance your flexibility by lubricating your muscles. As a result, you find it easy to engage in physical activities and exercises that are included in your weight loss program.
The best part about the ‘drink water-lose weight’ connection is that it works wonders for those who are unable to control their hunger pangs. Research reveals, when you drink less water, you tend to misinterpret your ‘thirst’ signals with your hunger pangs. As a result, you end up eating more than usual. The best way to ward off such goof ups is to drink lots of water and keep yourself hydrated. This way, you will cut down the ‘unnecessary’ hunger that you’re feeling. Plus, when you drink more water, you’d feel less hunger pangs when having your actual meals. Low food consumption means low fat deposits and low fat deposits mean less weight gain! Simple as that, isn’t it?
Now, you’d ask, how many glasses of water are ideal for me? Well, the answer is subjective and so you must seek medical advice. If you don’t wish to do that, you can take up any online test that calculates your BMI and tells you how much water your body needs. Whatever be the case, make sure you have at least 8-10 glasses of water on a regular basis. Have at least 2 glasses of water 30 minutes before every meal so that water satiates 20% of your hunger pangs and the rest 80% is taken care of by the nutritious food that you eat. In this way, you’d eat only to the point where you’re full, not until you’re stuffed!