11 Health Benefits of Celery
Green leaves are good for health. Though sadly, many of us prefer taste to health. Celery is one such healthy food item which goes unnoticed. Celery is from the umbelliferai family. Its leaves, stems and roots have numerous nutritional and health benefits. Celery is also a very important medicinal plant with many cures for health ailments. Listed here are a few benefits of celery, hoping you’d start eating it and encourage others to eat it as well!
1. Celery is a very good source of Vitamin A and also gives a rich supply of iron, potassium and other minerals.
2. Many vegetables, as we heard, lose their nutritional value after cooking. However, celery is different and is believed to hold on to 80% of its nutritional value even after cooking.
3. Celery has many post-workout and post-eating benefits. For people suffering from acidity problems, celery is a good liquid that can balance the acidity levels within the system. For athletes who work out most of the while, celery is proved to be a very good rejuvenating drink after the workout session. It fills in all the lost electrolytes and saves the body from dehydration.
4. A very heated up body during blazing hot summers can be cooled up by drinking celery juice 2-3 times a day.
5. A boon to those on diet, drinking celery juice everyday will help them reduce their craving for sweets or any other fattening food items.
6. Celery also has many medicinal values. It helps to lower blood pressure. It also helps in the better functioning of the kidney.
7. Celery prevents formation of stones in the gall bladder. It gives relief from constipation too.
8. Celery is also great to prevent stomach cancer. It is also known to stop the growth of harmful cells that may cause different types of cancer.
9. Celery calms down the nervous system in case of highly worked out nerves. It controls high blood pressure.
10. Celery is also known to be a cure for various ailments, similar to Ayurveda.
11. The roots of celery can effectively treat loss of appetite, anxiety or agitation. Not only does it have nutritional effects on the physical state of the body, but it also has a positive effect on the mental working of the brain.
Celery is indeed a very good nutrient for people of all ages. A boon to the weight conscious people, a preventer of cancer, a common ailment and a very good nutritional drink, celery is an ignored food item. However, just like too many cooks spoil the broth, too much of celery can be harmful and hence care should be taken.