22 มีนาคม 2555

15 Inspiring Quotes By Steve Jobs

15 Inspiring Quotes By Steve Jobs  




15 Inspiring Quotes By Steve Jobs
Photo Courtesy: Matthew Yohe



A visionary, a creative genius, a world famous icon, Steve Jobs was a legend who changed the world of technology and consequently transformed millions of lives worldwide. He was not only someone who revolutionized the very meaning of innovation, but was also a great inspirational speaker. At his passing, we bring to you some of his most inspiring quotes.



1. “My job is not to be easy on people. My jobs is to take these great people we have and to push them and make them even better.”

2.  “And it comes from saying no to 1,000 things to make sure we don’t get on the wrong track or try to do too much. We’re always thinking about new markets we could enter, but it’s only by saying no that you can concentrate on the things that are really important.”


3. “The only way to do great work is to love what you do… Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle.”

4.  “Sometimes when you innovate, you make mistakes. It is best to admit them quickly, and get on with improving your other innovations.”

5. “Remembering that I’ll be dead soon is the most important tool I’ve ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life.”

6. “I didn’t see it then, but it turned out that getting fired from Apple was the best thing that could have ever happened to me. The heaviness of being successful was replaced by the lightness of being a beginner again, less sure about everything. It freed me to enter one of the most creative periods of my life.[…] It was awful tasting medicine, but I guess the patient needed it. Sometimes life hits you in the head with a brick. Don’t lose faith.”

7. “No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to heaven don’t want to die to get there. And yet death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it. And that is as it should be, because Death is very likely the single best invention of Life. It is Life’s change agent. It clears out the old to make way for the new. Right now the new is you, but someday not too long from now, you will gradually become the old and be cleared away. Sorry to be so dramatic, but it is quite true.”

8. “We don’t get a chance to do that many things, and every one should be really excellent. Because this is our life. Life is brief, and then you die, you know? And we’ve all chosen to do this with our lives. So it better be damn good. It better be worth it.”



9. “Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn’t matter to me … Going to bed at night saying we’ve done something wonderful… that’s what matters to me.”



10. “I’m an optimist in the sense that I believe humans are noble and honorable, and some of them are really smart. I have a very optimistic view of individuals. As individuals, people are inherently good. I have a somewhat more pessimistic view of people in groups. And I remain extremely concerned when I see what’s happening in our country, which is in many ways the luckiest place in the world. We don’t seem to be excited about making our country a better place for our kids.”



11. “When I was 17, I read a quote that went something like: “If you live each day as if it was your last, someday you’ll most certainly be right.” It made an impression on me, and since then, for the past 33 years, I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself: “If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?” And whenever the answer has been “No” for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something.”



12. “Do you want to spend the rest of your life selling sugared water or do you want a chance to change the world?”




13. “Quality is more important than quantity. One home run is much better than two doubles.”



14. “Innovation has nothing to do with how many R&D dollars you have. When Apple came up with the Mac, IBM was spending at least 100 times more on R&D. It’s not about money. It’s about the people you have, how you’re led, and how much you get it.”



15. “Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.”


After reading these quotes, don’t you think it’s not that hard to achieve in life? Tell us your opinion. Use the comment box.




http://www.magforwomen.com/

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น