9 Great Cheap Date Ideas
Whatever everyone may think, dates can be fun as well as cheap at the same time. You don’t need to spend a million bucks to impress a guy, nor does he have to. If you think carefully, there are many cheap date ideas out there. Trouble thinking about any? Well, we have plenty for you. Just go ahead and try out these great cheap date ideas with your partner.
1. Do a good deedNow isn’t that something special you can do for your date? Visit an elderly person in your locality and make him/her a cup of tea or plant a flower in their garden. You can also shovel snow together at a particular street in your neighborhood or visit an orphanage and play with the children.
2. Play board gamesGet together at your place or his and bring out those fantastic board games you used to play as a kid or teen. Remember Monopoly, Candy Land or Sorry? Yeah, you sure do. So play them and enjoy when you win and sulk like a child when you lose!
3. Go fishingFishing at a lake is also a nice and cheap date idea. Head over with all your fishing gear and wait for hours or minutes to get a good catch. In the meantime, share stories of your childhood and whether you have been fishing before.
4. Solve a puzzleSolving a puzzle, a big one at that, will let you spend a whole lot of time with each other. Rack your brains and do all the thinking that you need to solve the puzzle with your date.
5. Go to a local barInstead of picking out a classic restaurant for dinner, why not try something cheap and equally fun? Go to a local bar and have some beers and chat along happily with your partner. Also, make sure the bar has a pool table or dart board so you can challenge him to a round of games.
6. Go fruit-pickingVisit a local strawberry farm or apple orchard and collect a basket of fruits. Eat some fruits there and after coming home, you both can try out new fruit recipes.
7. Act as paparazziGo to the market, mall or any such crowded place and start clicking snaps of people around you with a disposable camera. Click candid shots so that they make for interesting pictures and give them back to the person whom you shot. Also, tell someone to click photos of you two together.
8. Attend a book or poetry readingIf you both are lovers of literature, then head over to a literary reading. Find online or through the newspaper about book or poetry reading sessions being held in your area. This way, you can learn something interesting as well as have something to discuss about later.
9. Go to a chocolate factoryChocolates are something no one can deny, whether you get them as gifts or see them stacked in a mall. Again, get some information on which chocolate factories are nearby and which ones hold a tour. You will surely enjoy your ‘chocolaty’ time with each other!