10 Tips For A Happy Marriage
Marriages are made in heaven, no doubt. But, it requires a lot of effort to nurture a relationship. And marriage is no exception to this. You have to give an extra bit to make sure your marriage lasts for years to come. Mentioned below are 10 tips to have a successful happy marriage.
1. Keep the flame ignitedThe initial days after your wedding will indeed be honey dipped. But as days pass, both you and your husband will get into the rut of life and slowly your romance might take a backseat. In order to nurture a happy relationship, you need to keep the flame ignited, keep the spark alive. Get steamy in the bedroom, do something new to seduce him or experiment with your sex positions.
2. Never take your partner for grantedAs mentioned earlier, marriages start get boring as time passes. That is because, both husband and wife get used to each other and they start taking each other for granted. It’s natural and human. But, you need to steer clear of this tendency and take everyday as a special day and treat your partner in a special way.
3. Avoid naggingThe main practice that helps you sail through the trials and tribulations of marriage is ignoring petty things. Stop being a complaint box and avoid nagging your husband for little things. It is these trivial issues that have the power to create a mountain out of a molehill.
4. Respect your partnerOnce you are married to a person, it implies that you love him and that means you have to respect him, come what may. It’s quite natural for you guys to quarrel at times. But, even when you are arguing, make sure you don’t call names or use abuse words.
5. Communicate wellCommunication plays an important role in fostering a healthy relationship. Often, it happens that you have something in mind and you are unable to convey it. This either leads to total ignorance on your partner’s part or misunderstanding, which can have bad effects. Hence, it’s best to communicate well with your partner and talk about everything that comes into your mind.
6. Trust him and be trustworthyMost relationships turn sour because both partners start losing trust in each other. Apart from love, it is trust that binds two people together. Hence, it essential to trust your partner and make sure, he trusts you. Just like you would not want him to get up, close and personal with your girlies, so does he. So, always make sure you do not cross the limit.
7. Adjust a bitAdjustments are the foundation stones to a successful marriage. No matter how much you love a person, you will take time to get tuned to his likes, dislikes, habits and attitude. So, if you want to make your marriage successful, you have to adjust to your husband. Say, he likes to listen to music before going to sleep. Don’t complain that you need silence to sleep, instead start getting tuned to the music and think of it as white noise. This compromising attitude of yours will work wonders; trust us.
8. Divide responsibilitiesFor marriage to survive, it is essential to take ground realities into account first. By ground realities, we mean, household chores, shopping, finances and the likes. These are things which can’t be done single-handedly. If the balance tilts to one side, it will develop cracks in the relationship. Hence, you must divide responsibilities and mind you, make clear demarcations. For example, the cooking and shopping will be done by you while your husband attends to the laundry and the finances, so on and so forth.
9. Spend time togetherAs mentioned earlier, marriages lose their charm with time. To keep the spark alive, you must spend time together and create beautiful memories together. Go for a date at least once month and plan getaways every 6 months. These dates and trips will give you the required break and also let you discover each other anew.
10. Respect his privacyLast but not the least, always respect your husband’s privacy. If he does not want to reveal something to you, don’t force him to reveal the same or stalk him. Don’t check his emails or his messages when you get his phone. His privacy is as much important as is yours. Such a behavior can create misunderstandings as also lead to rifts and eventual divorce.
Marriage is the most blissful out of all the phases of life. If you nurture it in the right way, it is possible to have this phase all through your life. When you grow old and you sit with your husband on a bench in a park, reminiscing about your past, you’ll feel glad you made your marriage work!