Top 5 Reasons Why You Will Love Korean Kimchi
Lauren, 43, has just come back from a trip to Seoul, Korea. She hasn’t stopped raving about how beautiful the place is and how she was introduced to a Korean delicacy called Kimchi, which she has become a fan of. She even plans to start making Kimchi in her kitchen in California! Let’s find out why Lauren thinks you too will end up loving Kimchi a lot.
1. Kimchi tastes great“If you are a lover of spicy foods, you will love Kimchi like me”, exclaims Lauren. “This Korean national food is popularly made of red hot peppers. Since it is fermented and pickled, the taste sets in really well by the time you eat it”, she adds. We can completely see why you will love Kimchi, friends. Imagine the taste of all the lovely seasonings of garlic, jalapenos, scallions, ginger, fish juice and much more tantalizing your tongue.
2. Kimchi is nutritious“Health and taste come together in very few packages, don’t they?” We completely agree to this reason that Lauren states. Just like yogurt, Kimchi too contains lots of good bacteria that aid digestion along with supplements of Vitamin A, B1, B2 and C. “You will love Kimchi as a complete food because it will give you lots of fiber through the veggies. And guess what, experts say that it has anti carcinogenic properties too”, says Lauren. Isn’t that a great reason to love and eat Kimchi?
3. Kimchi can be eaten according to seasons“Did you know that Koreans eat different Kimchi according to the different seasons of the year?”, says Lauren. “This was traditionally done because there was no refrigeration in the ancient era but modern Koreans have chosen to stick to this tradition”, she adds. Friends, you will love eating Gimjang Kimchi in spring, Yeolmu Kimchi in summer, Kimjang Kimchi in winter and Baechu kimchi in autumn.
4. There are hundreds of varieties of KimchiOne of the many reasons why you will love and devour Kimchi is because it tastes different every time”, says Lauren. “You will love Kimchi because the basic ingredients such as napa cabbage, radish, green onions, ginger, radish and cucumber don’t change, yet the seasonings and sauces are manipulated in such a way that the taste keeps on changing”, she explains. “Apparently there are more than a hundred varieties of Kimchi that Koreans make”, Lauren adds. Surely, we too would love sampling so many Kimchi varieties, wouldn’t we?
5. You can try out great new Kimchi sauces“The basic sauces used in this Korean staple food are so tangy and delicious that you will love eating Kimchi again and again. The sauces will literally make love to your taste buds”, says Lauren. From soy sauce to bean paste to barley malts to red pepper paste, you can feel heavenly with tasty Kimchi.
No wonder Lauren thinks that you will love Kimchi so much.