Apple iPad 2 Vs. Amazon Kindle Fire
Amazon’s Kindle Fire has hit the techie market few days back and it seems, it’s all set to give Apple’s iPad2 a tough fight. But can Kindle Fire actually compete against Apple’s giant, iPad 2? Let’s find out by taking a look at this comparison.
1. AppsWhile iPad 2 offers over 100,000 apps from the Apple store, Fire is supported by the Amazon Android market that offers less than 1/10th the number of apps, Apple offers.
2. ContentFor those who are in love with e-books, Kindle Fire is the winner. But, the only issue that they will face is Fire’s exclusive compatibility only with Wi-Fi zones. As opposed to that, iPad 2 comes with a 3G connection. That means, users can browse through the Web and download content no matter where they are.
3. FeaturesWhen it comes to features, the Amazon Kindle Fire lags behind. It is Apple’s iPad 2 which steals the show. While the iPad 2 boasts a 9.7-inch screen, the Fire has a 7-inch screen. But, there’s a point to be made. Because its screen is a mere 7 inch in size, Fire requires only one hand of yours for operation. That means, users can multi task even while using Fire. Another disappointment, Fire doesn’t possess a camera which you’d otherwise find in the iPad 2. With such a huge screen and so many features, iPad 2 is almost two times heavier than the Kindle Fire.
4. DesignThere’s a reason why Apple’s iPad 2 is leading the race. Its design is the real secret behind its success. Its elegant design and a host of features make it every techie’s dream. Amazon Kindle Fire, on the other hand, has a utilitarian look. It’s perfect for those who don’t expect too much from a gadget’s design.
5. Extra benefitsThe Amazon Kindle Fire comes with some extra benefits like a free 30-day Amazon Prime membership. This premier service offers special facilities for its members and free streaming from a library that provides access to nearly 11,000 movies as well as TV shows. To beat that, iPad 2 offers features like Facetime (video chat). It also has a microphone that gives you a voice recording option.
6. PriceWell, when it comes to the price, the Amazon Kindle Fire is a much better option. It might not have as many features as the iPad2 but its price is definitely far more reasonable. While the lowest configuration of an iPad 2 costs $499, Kindle Fire can be bought for $199 only! For those who want to own a tablet without creating a hole in their pocket, the Amazon Kindle Fire is surely worth buying.