Top 5 Tips On First Date Etiquette
Your first date is a make or break date that will decide whether you are going to meet that person again or not. Here are the top 5 tips on first date etiquette that will help you make it special. Read ahead and make sure your first date turns out to be successful.
1. Dress appropriateMost guys expect girls to be well-groomed when meeting them on a date. But, they don’t expect you to go overboard with your makeup and attire. You should wear elegant clothes in which you’re comfortable. A little bit of makeup is fine. Also, wear a good perfume. In short, please your date with your outer appearance.
2. Be nice and courteousGuys are put off by rude behavior, whether it is because of the wait staff at a restaurant or people around them. A lot can be said about a person who may be courteous to you, but rude to everyone else around them. So, here the mantra is, be courteous to everyone around you since that will definitely leave a fantastic first impression.
3. Reach the venue togetherIf your guy offers to pick you up from your place for the date so that you can drive to the venue together, accept the offer. Don’t ponder over it or keep calculating the time you’d take to get ready. Most importantly, don’t make him wait. Be ready for him 10 minutes prior to the time he promised to come. This way, he’ll be impressed by your punctuality and you’d get to make the most your time because your drive would turn out to be super romantic!
4. Give your cell phone some restCan you picture a first date with your cell phone ringing all the time? A total disaster, we think. Make sure you never put your phone on the table if you’ve gone out for dinner on your first date. Having your cell phone out on the table or continuously answering phone calls is not just bad dating etiquette but also plain old rude to the person you’ve gone out with. Remember this first date etiquette so that you don’t end up hurting the feelings of your date.
5. Don’t give your first date a rough endingThere are no fixed rules that define how you should end your first date. Your options are, giving your date a kiss, a hug or a simple wave of goodbye. You must choose your option carefully because the last thing you want to do is to offend your date. “You may have had a great first date and feel like ending it with a kiss, but do you see the same level of romance and enthusiasm in your partner’s eyes? This first date etiquette is all about judging how your date feels, before going in for that romantic smack. If you really want to play safe, give your date a warm hug.